Community Resources » Crisis Intervention Services|
||Crisis Intervention Services
Crisis Shelter for Women and Children: Union Gospel Mission
The Crisis Shelter for Women and Children exists to provide a safe, healthy, short-term refuge for women and children in crisis. The Shelter strives to keep as many women and children off the streets as possible and admits guests until it reaches full capacity.
A playground for younger children was created adjacent to the facility, providing a safe, clean play area for the children at the Shelter and in the surrounding neighborhood.
Women's Recovery at Anna Ogden Hall
Women’s Recovery provides a safe, welcoming refuge and long-term treatment for women of all ages who are seeking to turn their lives in a new direction. They are introduced to a God who loves them and desires to redeem the brokenness of their lives. The program, which includes individual and group counseling, classes, vocational training, and addiction recovery, lasts approximately 18 months. Women with children can rest assured that their children will find a welcoming home, as well.
Vanessa Behan Crisis Nursery
- 1004 E. 8th Ave.
- Offers free short term care for children birth to 6 years old when parents are experiencing a crisis or are in need of support for their children.
Child Protective Services
- 1313 N. Atlantic St., Suite 2000
- Provides services for children under 18 who are abused and/or neglected.
The H.E.A.R.T. Program
- YWCA of Spokane
- 829 W. Broadway
- 326-1190, ext. 117 & ext. 152
- Assists homeless families with housing, transportation and basic needs.
NE SNAP Food Bank
- 4001 N. Cook
- Call for appointment or walk-ins welcome Thursdays after 1:00 pm.
- 525 W. 2nd
- Temporary shelter for teenagers.
- 1403 W. Broadway
- Temporary shelter for married couples or families with children.
- Sexual Assault & Family Trauma Response Center
- S. 7 Howard, Suite 200
- Provides counseling and support to others who have experienced violence and/or trauma.
At Risk Youth/CHINS petition
- Juvenile Court
- 477-6408 or 323-1166
- Assists parents by providing court orders for their children requiring intervention based on documented high risk behaviors.
SNAP Homeless/Housing Programs
- 500 S. Stone
- Assistance with mortgage and housing.
Nine Mile Falls Elementary School Counseling Page